Middle School 1:1 iPad Program
At TVS we are proud of how we integrate technology into learning. Via our iPad program our students have:
- Access to apps that promote increased opportunities for interactivity across the curriculum.
- New ways to engage with educational content (many learning styles).
- The potential to replace traditional textbooks with interactive content and dramatically reduce their backpack’s weight.
- Increased opportunities to collaborate.
- Opportunities to develop important skills for their futures.
As technology continues to change we are constantly reviewing and iterating our program and practices to improve the classroom experience. Our current middle school 1:1 iPad program is structured as follows.
The school provides 1:1 iPads to students in the 5th grades. These iPads are owned by the school, are kept in carts, and do not go home.
Students in grades 6, 7 and 8 are required to bring an iPad to school every day. Our faculty have spent much time learning new skills and recreating their lessons to create an environment in which iPads are a valuable and effective learning tool.
- How will my child obtain an iPad?
- WHAT APPS DOES MY CHILD NEED?
- DOES MY CHILD NEED AN ITUNES ACCOUNT?
- WHAT IF MY CHILD'S IPAD IS DAMAGED OR STOLEN?
- WILL THE INTERNET BE FILTERED ON MY CHILD'S IPAD?
- DO I NEED TO HAVE WI FI AT HOME?
- WILL MY CHILD BE USING ONLY DIGITAL TEXTBOOKS NEXT YEAR?
- HOW CAN MY CHILD PRINT FROM THE IPAD?
- WHAT IF THERE ARE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH MY CHILD'S IPAD?
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- WHAT ABOUT STUDENTS WHO ARE ON FINANCIAL AID?